With the recent hot weather we’ve had in the UK, we’ve not wanted many hot meals. This pasta salad recipe has been amazing for lunches. Making a big batch at the start of the week and then we’ve got food to go for a few lunches!
Using silken tofu in the sauce makes it super creamy and yummy without the heaviness of mayo, whilst adding more protein and keeping it vegan.
I cannot recommend this dish enough, so delicious!
- 250g Macaroni Pasta
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Peppers
- 4 Tomatoes
- A Bunch of Spring Onions
- 1 Can Sweetcorn
- 1 Can Chickpeas (about 1 1/5 cups or 250g cooked)
- 350g Silken Tofu
- 1 tbsp Miso
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Time: 20 mins
- Serves 4
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the pasta (cook as per instructions on the packaging usually about 10-12 mins)
- Chop the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and spring onions into smallish pieces and add to a big bowl.
- Drain and rinse the sweetcorn and chickpeas, add to the bowl with the veggies.
- Make the sauce by blending all the ingredients together. If it’s too thick add some water or soy milk if you have it but you don’t want it to be too watery.
- Add the sauce to the bowl of veggies and beans. Once the macaroni is cooked, drained and cooled down a little, add to the bowl.
- Give everything a good mix.
- You can serve immediately but I usually make this in advance put it in a big tub in the fridge and then serve out when I want it.
- Top with some freshly ground black pepper and you’re good to go!