I am an avid podcast listener and one of my favourites is “Happier with Gretchen Rubin”. Last year they created ‘18 for 2018’ lists; a list of 18 things to do in 2018. The point of this list was to add more happiness to the year. The things on this list can be big projects, small reminders of things to do each week, places to go, habits to embed. The only stipulation is that these things need to bring you happiness in some form. These are not resolutions, these are not to restrict yourself, these are to improve and add to your year.
I decided I wanted to create my own list for next year and, to hold myself even more accountable, here it is:
- Paint my nails once a month
- Teach at a yoga festival
- Do nutrition work experience
- Complete a yoga training
- Read 50 books
- Run 10k each week
- Meditate everyday
- See my family once a month
- Have a ‘date night’ once a fortnight
- Have a massage every 2/3 months
- Learn more about photography
- Learn to knit socks
- Find a pair of jeans that actually fit properly
- Always pack snacks
- Change to using a refillable pen and sustainable notebooks/journals
- Learn to crochet
- Clear out my stuff at my parents
- When working at home get up and move every half an hour
- Have an epic 30th!
Who else is up for this? Would be great to hear any of your lists!