Some days you just fancy pancakes for breakfast, or lunch, or dinner. Whenever you get that craving you want something quick and easy to get that fix. I’ve got a super-fast, simple recipe that requires only 5 ingredients. These pancakes are really light and fluffy without the need for any eggs or dairy.
You could add some blueberries or chocolate chips into the batter to give the pancakes a different flavour and texture. You could also easily add some protein powder if you’re so inclined.
You can top these with whatever you fancy! You can go a little healthy with fruit and yoghurt or maybe a little more indulgent with chocolate, pecan nuts and maple syrup. Get creative!
1 Medium/Large very ripe Banana
½ cup plant-based Milk
Dash of Vanilla extract
1tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Oats
A little coconut oil to cook.
Makes 5-6 pancakes (depending on size)
- In a mixing bowl mash up the banana with a fork. Add in the milk and vanilla extract and combine. Add the baking powder and stir it in.
- Add the oats to a blender and whizz up to make a flour.
- Add your oat ‘flour’ to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the mixture into the pan in little circles to create the pancakes. Cook for about 4 minutes then flip and cook for an extra 2-3 minutes. You’ll need to cook in two batches to fit them into the pan.
- Serve and top with whatever you desire. Eat and enjoy!