I absolutely adore granola but most store-bought granolas contain so many added sugars and preservatives. It’s such an easy thing to make at home and this no-bake granola is a quick, easy, yummy version you can make yourself with tastes decadent without being really unhealthy.
The dates and coconut flakes give a natural sweetness, the peanut butter and cashews provide a nuttiness and the chocolate gives a richer, deeper flavour and texture. The flax seeds help to bind the ingredients a little better and add some extra healthy omega fats.
Feel free to play around with the amounts of each ingredient to suit your taste buds. To me this combination is the perfect balance. I hope you enjoy the recipe and let me know what you think if you give it a go!
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1tbsp coconut flakes
30g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
2tbsp peanut butter (heaped, I won’t judge if you add a little more!)
Makes a large jar full
- If the dates are a little hard maybe pre-soak in hot water for 10/15 minutes.
- Add the dates into a food processor and pulse to chop into smaller pieces.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until it all combines. As you pour the granola out of the food processor and into a jar use your hands to squeeze the granola to add little clumps of datey, nutty goodness.
- Enjoy as a snack, as a topping to a yoghurt or smoothie bowl or as an added crunch to a dessert.
- Store in an airtight container and consume within 3 weeks.