I’m surprised I haven’t posted this recipe yet; I don’t know what’s taken me so long!! Nut butter is one of my favourite things and it is so easy to make yourself at home. All you need to do is roast some nuts and then put them in a blender.
Try making it yourself and you will not be disappointed!
I have tried this with Peanuts, Almonds and Cashews. All three were very yummy but classic peanut is probably my favourite.
2 cups of Nuts
Makes 1 Jar of Nut Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees (180 fan).
- Spread the nuts onto a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes shaking them around halfway through.
- Let the nuts cool a little and then pour into a food processor.
- Mix the nuts until they get to the desired consistency. This will take about 15 minutes and the sides may need to be scraped down occasionally to help the process along.
- Spoon the butter into a jar (or your mouth =p)
- Keep refrigerated and eat within a couple of months (if it lasts that long!)